Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Thousand Words

Some images and reflections from my recent road trip.  Good thing I am a truck driver's daughter and driving is in my bones.  To Melbourne, the Sarasota and back in three days.  Not a record, but not bad, either!









A mother truck and her baby in the wild.  When you drive more than 1000 miles in two days, you can get a bit punchy...







I had forgotten how hard Florida rains are.  There is a special place in my heart--not a nice one--for people in white cars who drive in blinding rains with no lights on....









The beach.  I don't miss it but felt compelled to take this photo for my husband, who does.







Total mistake, but interesting.  Taken by accident at the book signing at Our Lady of Lourdes.  I happen to like this particular image of me.







The best ice cream shop in the entire world, gelaterias in Italy included.  Siesta Key.  Go if you ever have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment