Tuesday, June 21, 2016

One Picture, 1000 Words

A few readers have sent me photos of them, taken while reading Dying for Revenge.  I really enjoy seeing them, so if you are willing to share (and permit me to post), send them along.

This one is of my sister-in-law, Jeannie.  Her husband sent it with the note that he was anxiously waiting for her to finish so he could read it as well.  Isn't family great?  I wonder whether my big brothers (13 and 15 years my senior) realize that all those stories they read to me as a child helped form me as a writer?

And that the little rocker that one of them bought for me out of his lunch money that still graces my office?  I used to sit in it and look at picture books by the hour.

You know what makes a writer?  A reader, that's what makes a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment