Friday, June 24, 2016

Providences

Looking back over the creation of Dying For Revenge, so many things fell perfectly into place, not the least of which, oddly enough, was losing my job in January, freeing me to do what I wanted to do: keep writing and along with that, market the Lady Doc series.  Even my literary agent was a gift--an old friend reconnected with after many years.  The decision to keep the story much as I had first envisioned it led to finding a publisher whose mission encompassed my vision.  On and on, one knot after another untied.

Soon after I lost my job Br. David returned to  our lives.  We've known him for several years, since a couple of Christmases ago when he joined the family tribe for Christmas festivities.  On his way to his last gig at Camp Buck Toms as camp chef, then on to a new stability at the Monastery of Christ in the Desert, he graced our home with his presence for a couple of weeks.  Just in the nick of time.

I am reasonably computer savvy but not all that great at troubleshooting and fixing.  Brother David is the machine whisperer.  There is not a machine, instrument, or electronic gadget that he does not have some deep kinship with.  He can fix anything and within a day had all the limping electronics in our house up and running--including a perpetually anemic network.  A good network, let me tell you, is an absolute necessity for a writer.

When I realized only a day or two before I was off to Ireland that I needed a book video trailer, he stepped in to the rescue.  I gave him some of my groom's images of Telluride and a little text.  He snuggled up to his computer and created a first class video, with help from Fr. Carter on the details of the story and the text of the video.

Thanks, everyone, but here and now, especially Br. David whose name did not make it into the acknowledgements because of timing.  It takes a village, it seems, to write a book!








No comments:

Post a Comment